Friday, March 11, 2016

Seed Stitch Cowl


Okay, I decided to make a cowl... Lately I've been only making hats since learning knitting. I went into my Pinterest and realized that I pinned a seed stitch cowl 3 years ago when I was only crocheting. I knew one day that I'd make one and today, I finished one! woo hoo! At the time, I didn't know what kind of stitch it was and it looked so complicated... But I knew that one day I would learn it. 3 years later, I'm happy to say that I now have the skills to make many more! I still wished I had started earlier. How can I? Having 3 kids in a short period of time took up a lot of my time. Working full time also meant there's less time for hobbies. When my youngest was born, my oldest was 4 and my 2nd was 18 months. Things got crazy (a good kind of crazy!).

I knew that soon my tinnitus was going to get bad. I've been knitting nonstop since picking up the hobby in December and after 3 months, it finally happened! I'm sad because I know I have to slow down. boo!




My kiddo asked if I wanted a model (what a sweetie). He says "Mommy, I'm a real person, I can wear it for you!" as he was watching me fiddle with my foam head!

Then I asked, "Would you like to take a photo of me?" and he did! My dslr is heavy for him especially since I had heavy lens but he did good and I'll take whatever I can get!



And Look! A matching Seed Stitch Hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment