Sunday, June 5, 2016

Knit Hat


I prefer to use bulky yarn for my knit projects because it works faster but I think I'm getting better so I'd like to step out of my comfort zone somethings to make something using medium weight yarn. I hope to eventually make newborn bonnets/hats using mohair or something else finer.

I love the Knit Split Brim hats in bulky yarn. I've made a lot of them.

I saw this Red Heart Yarn and couldn't picture what it looks like done but I bought it anyway. I love earth tones and since the color was Earthy, why not? ha-ha

I wasn't even sure how much to cast one so I cast one 70 using a 5.5 circular needle. The brim is worked in "k2, p2" flats and then when you're ready to start the hat, you join the round and knit only. I was deciding whether or not I wanted to add a pom pom. Usually pom pom wins! haha

My 2 younger boys are 18 months apart and sometimes, they look the same size next to each other :)




No comments:

Post a Comment